FOUNDER: DANIEL GETACHEW
INSPIRATION TO START THE BUSINESS:
Guzo Technologies has one big vision and that is to place itself on top through contributing innovative products and services that are made by African youth. We believe we are on the right time to contribute to the world. We focused on emerging technologies like XR and IoT.
BACKGROUND OF THE FOUNDER:
Daniel Getachew is the Founder of Guzo Technologies, an IT services and Media startup company residing in Ethiopia that is highly focused on VR/AR and IoT products. Daniel is also a CTO at Globetrotter-VR Management Ltd. Daniel made and contributed several software projects to different local and international clients. Daniel holds an MSc in Software Engineering from Adama Science and Technology University and a BSc in Computer Science from Madaa Walabu University.
DESCRIPTION OF BUSINESS ACTIVITIES:
- AR/VR/MR/XR immersive and interactive content design and development
- Live virtual production
- IoT solution prototyping
- Enterprise software development
-Years in Operation
In operation since July 2019
-Number of Staff
- Lack of awareness in the field of immersive technologies.
- Unwillingness of local investors to engage in VR and related technologies.
- Limited funding sources.
We believe our community deserves to see innovative and creative products that use emerging technologies.
The Two most common positive impacts that we have accomplished so far is to motivate the youth through telling their history in gamified and interactive extended reality experiences. Secondly, we have been experimenting on locally manufactured hardware that could potentially create jobs for university graduates.
FUTURE EXPANSION PLANS:
- To work with international clients that outsource projects. To collaborate with other startups and companies that align with our focus areas.
- To market these latest tech products to selective urban areas across the country.
- To empower students and train future talents.
Under ETB 2 Million
Amount of Financing Needed
Up to USD 1 Million