FOUNDER: Nahom Tsegaye
INSPIRATION TO START THE BUSINESS:
The scarcity of Ethiopian audiobooks and podcasts and the unavailability of a free platform for creators to house audio content.
BACKGROUND OF FOUNDER:
BSC – Computer Engineering
BA – Business Management
Chief Executive Officer
Teraki - All Rights Technologies · Jul 2020 - Present ·
Shirshir Tours Sep 2020 - Sep 2021 ·
Chief Operating Officer
Welel Ethiopia Jun 2017 - Jun 2021
DESCRIPTION OF BUSINESS ACTIVITIES:
Teraki app is an Audio Entertainment platform, focusing on Audiobooks and Podcasts. Teraki enables customers to have and discover Ethiopian/Eritrean Audiobooks and Podcasts anytime, anywhere.
Teraki is the only app that brings interactive and entertaining content for the Diaspora Community, for the Young Generation, Adults, Children and Visually Impaired.
At Teraki, Authors and Creators will benefit from having
- Better Author Deals.
- Professional Narrators, Authors, agents, publishers and rights holders to connect and create audiobooks at Teraki Studios.
- Amazing Podcast Deals
- Podcast Sponsorship Deals
- Years in Operation
- Number of staff
- Lack of an Ethiopian Payment System
- Access to Finance
- Our business promotes digital Inclusivity in multiple communities.
FUTURE EXPANSION PLANS:
- Expansion to neighboring East African Market
-Amount of Financing Needed (USD)
- Exceeds 50K USD